Lila's starting to "talk" to us, making noises other than just baby grunts and cries (though grunting is still her favorite method of communication.) She coos and even smiles at us, and she's holding her head up and moving it around more and more every day.
This was kind of a rough week sleep - wise. Lila didn't want to be put down once she fell asleep at night. I'd nurse her and she'd fall into a deep sleep, but the moment I'd set her down, she'd be awake and protest loudly until I picked her up again. It was exhausting. I wound up doing what I swore I'd never do - let her sleep either on my chest or next to me on the bed. I wound up with a sore neck and back and I'd freeze due to the fact that blankets and pillows around the baby made me fear that she'd suffocate while I slept. For days on end, this is the only way she'd sleep. Finally last night she slept soundly-all by herself- waking only twice for feedings. I'm crossing my fingers for another restful night (for all of us) tonight!
Lila has finally grown into her cloth diapers, so I got them all washed up and the covers are line drying downstairs. We have a few diapers in each color, so our clothesline looks like rows of Easter eggs have been set out to dry. I'd take a picture but then you'd all see the crazy state of our house right now. You'll just have to imagine instead. :)
I hope you have better luck with the cloth, blowout-wise! And I agree about the bibs -- very useful for drool... and worse :)
ReplyDelete