Long time no post! Things have been crazy busy in our house, and while we've been taking lots of pictures, I've been slacking in the posting department. I had several pictures from 31 weeks, but somehow they disappeared when we put a new memory card in our camera. Bummer!
I'll start this post with Miss Lila at 32 weeks...


She is so happy and smiley these days. I just love how she hams it up any time someone whips out a camera. I've trained her well with all of the weekly photos! :)
Lila loves sitting on her play mat in the living room, right in the middle of the action. Her favorite is when her puppies run by. It sends her into fits of screaming giggles.
On Labor Day Lila's friend James came over to play. It's so much fun watching Lila interact with other babies. They had a great time chewing on each others' toys and hands as well as yanking each others' hair. (Rocco supervised playtime. He's at the top of the photo keeping tabs on the situation).

Lila was introduced to mango this week. She LOVES mango. She can't get enough of it! Usually when she tries new foods, more food winds up stashed in the seat of the high chair than makes it to her mouth. The mango, however, made its way to her mouth and she actually swallowed most of it. She reached for more and more and smiled the whole time. Tonight I went downstairs to add some stuff to a load of baby clothes in the washer, and when I opened up the door a stray mango chunk fell out. Ha! Guess she had squirreled away some mango somewhere.

Lila started eating solids at daycare this week. She made her debut at the lunch table with the big kids eating carrots and apricots. She gobbled everything right up! This week is sweet potatoes, which Lila eats at home quite often. We'll see if she's as fond of them at daycare as she is at home.
Cooler weather lately means that Lila has had the chance to break out new outfits! New outfits are always fun. Lila's favorite this week was her soft yellow track suit. So cozy and warm!
The most exciting event lately was the Blubber Run - Lila's first 5k run! Ed and I met at this run 7 years ago. We were perfect strangers who just happened to sit down next to each other after the run, and here we are 7 years later!

Lila's Godmama Alex joined us for the Blubber Run. Alex and her husband Mark (aka, The Godfather) were at the run the day Ed and I met. I started talking to Ed because I thought he was a friend of Mark's. It seems like just yesterday!
Lila enjoyed a bird's eye view of the festivities from atop Dad's shoulders. What's more fun than sitting on Dad's shoulders? Pulling his hair! Lila was amused. Even Dad was a little bit amused. :)

The day after the Blubber Run, Lila turned 33 weeks old. Here she is, all smiles!

Our whole family has had a cold since Sunday, so Lila has had kind of a rough go of it this week. She and I stayed home together today and she spent a good chunk of the day sleeping. I'm hoping that her daytime rest paired with an earlier bedtime tonight results in a healthier, happier baby tomorrow.
Tomorrow I start a new job. I'm so excited! Lila's routine will be changing somewhat due to my needing to be at work about an hour earlier now. I'm hoping she adjusts well. I usually get ready before she wakes up in the mornings, and if I'm super efficient in getting her ready and out the door she'll only need to be up about 20-30 minutes earlier than what she's used to. I'm hoping that doesn't disrupt her sleep and her routine too terribly much.
Until we "see" you again on Sunday, have a good week!

I'll start this post with Miss Lila at 32 weeks...


She is so happy and smiley these days. I just love how she hams it up any time someone whips out a camera. I've trained her well with all of the weekly photos! :)
Lila loves sitting on her play mat in the living room, right in the middle of the action. Her favorite is when her puppies run by. It sends her into fits of screaming giggles.
On Labor Day Lila's friend James came over to play. It's so much fun watching Lila interact with other babies. They had a great time chewing on each others' toys and hands as well as yanking each others' hair. (Rocco supervised playtime. He's at the top of the photo keeping tabs on the situation).
Lila was introduced to mango this week. She LOVES mango. She can't get enough of it! Usually when she tries new foods, more food winds up stashed in the seat of the high chair than makes it to her mouth. The mango, however, made its way to her mouth and she actually swallowed most of it. She reached for more and more and smiled the whole time. Tonight I went downstairs to add some stuff to a load of baby clothes in the washer, and when I opened up the door a stray mango chunk fell out. Ha! Guess she had squirreled away some mango somewhere.

Lila started eating solids at daycare this week. She made her debut at the lunch table with the big kids eating carrots and apricots. She gobbled everything right up! This week is sweet potatoes, which Lila eats at home quite often. We'll see if she's as fond of them at daycare as she is at home.
Cooler weather lately means that Lila has had the chance to break out new outfits! New outfits are always fun. Lila's favorite this week was her soft yellow track suit. So cozy and warm!
The most exciting event lately was the Blubber Run - Lila's first 5k run! Ed and I met at this run 7 years ago. We were perfect strangers who just happened to sit down next to each other after the run, and here we are 7 years later!
Lila's Godmama Alex joined us for the Blubber Run. Alex and her husband Mark (aka, The Godfather) were at the run the day Ed and I met. I started talking to Ed because I thought he was a friend of Mark's. It seems like just yesterday!
Lila enjoyed a bird's eye view of the festivities from atop Dad's shoulders. What's more fun than sitting on Dad's shoulders? Pulling his hair! Lila was amused. Even Dad was a little bit amused. :)
The day after the Blubber Run, Lila turned 33 weeks old. Here she is, all smiles!

Our whole family has had a cold since Sunday, so Lila has had kind of a rough go of it this week. She and I stayed home together today and she spent a good chunk of the day sleeping. I'm hoping that her daytime rest paired with an earlier bedtime tonight results in a healthier, happier baby tomorrow.
Tomorrow I start a new job. I'm so excited! Lila's routine will be changing somewhat due to my needing to be at work about an hour earlier now. I'm hoping she adjusts well. I usually get ready before she wakes up in the mornings, and if I'm super efficient in getting her ready and out the door she'll only need to be up about 20-30 minutes earlier than what she's used to. I'm hoping that doesn't disrupt her sleep and her routine too terribly much.
Until we "see" you again on Sunday, have a good week!

I'm glad Rocco kept the kiddos in line.
ReplyDelete