Friday, April 29, 2011

Happy Easter!

Last Easter, Lila was 10 weeks old. It is so hard to believe how much she has changed in the last year. On her first Easter, she did a lot of sleeping. There were Easter baskets and she was mildly interested, but mostly she slept. This Easter, she was ALL ABOUT the Easter baskets and the Easter egg hunts!

The weekend started off with a relaxing day on Saturday. Here's Lila chilling with Daddy on the couch. She's chomping on a pancake. I made a big batch and tossed them in the fridge for snacks for the week. She loves them, and I just might have eaten a few as well...yum!


Lila's fascination with putting things inside of things, pulling them out, and then putting them back continues. Now that she's more mobile, she is wandering from room to room and has taken a particular liking to the kitchen. She likes to organize the cabinets for me while I cook. I've designated this the Lila cabinet and loaded it with stuff that's easy for her to slide around and/or pull out and put back in. I'm just hoping that her fascination with organizing lasts well into her teen years.


On Easter Sunday we woke up bright and early and had an Easter egg hunt with our neighbor and friend, Matthew. We weren't sure what Lila would think of hunting eggs, but she was really excited. Once Lila and Matthew filled their baskets we took out the eggs and tossed them back onto the lawn for rounds 2, 3, and 4. They "hunted" eggs for almost an hour!




In the afternoon, Lila's buddies Hudson and Grayson came over for dinner and another Easter egg hunt. Turns out that each of the moms made Easter baskets for each of the three kids. Holy Easter baskets, Batman!



We had nine people at our table for Easter dinner. Lila loved playing hostess and enjoyed the tasty meal.


After hunting eggs with her buddies, we took the push toys outside and the kiddos cruised up and down the sidewalk. Three toddlers toddling up and down the street was quite an adorable sight!


It was a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

  1. Love these new pics! And I can't believe that Lila is walking!

    ReplyDelete