Sunday, June 28, 2009

Dreams

Last night I had a dream that our baby came and we had nothing to care for it. Also, perhaps the most upsetting thing was that I had no idea how to care for the baby. I kept setting the baby down and walking away because I didn't know what else to do. I even set the baby down on a chair in a mall food court!

I know that this dream was really unreasonable - I may not be a baby expert, but I will certainly never leave our newborn on a chair in food court. However, even now, hours later, I am still shaken. What if I stink at this mom thing? What if I don't leave our baby in a food court, but I do something equally damaging to our child because I don't know any better?

Ed reassured me that no matter when our baby comes, we already have everything we need to care for our newborn - ourselves. Teeny babies don't need much (despite what retailers would like us to believe.) We'll be fine. We'll be loving, good parents. Well, loving parents at least, and that has to count for something, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment