Friday, September 18, 2009

21 weeks!

We are officially over the halfway hump! Today marks my 21st week of pregnancy.

Most of the excitement happened earlier this week, with Baby Z moving around so much and her dad finally being able to feel her. Other than that, things have been pretty uneventful in the Z household.

I did buy some baby girl clothing the other day at an outlet store just north of the Twin Cities. Up until now, I/we had only made 2 clothing purchases for our little one, both neutral colors. I got the most adorable fleece-y bear hoodie (with ears!) at the Carter's outlet when I was in San Antonio. I also got a fleecy, soft hat. Other than that, the only purchase that we had made for our baby is the Pack n' Play. She has lots and lots of gifts from friends and family, but we had just not bought much quite yet. Until now! Now we are stocked with some fun long-sleeved baby girl Onesies, an adorable duck hat, and a sleep sack that EZ is particularly fond of - it has "daddy's little girl" embroidered on the left side of the chest.

While shopping I was very interested to learn that "newborn" sized baby clothes are designed to fit babies up to 8 pounds. Eight pounds! I'm trying to steer clear of newborn sizes that our baby will wear once (if that, depending on her weight at birth.) The newborn sizes are so tiny! Even the 3 month sizes are teeny, and it is so hard to imagine that our tiny baby girl is going to fit in them in just a few short months. Wow.

This week, our baby is the length of a banana. I'm not especially thrilled by the banana this week...I pretty much despise bananas and all things banana flavored. Especially things that are banana flavored. Ew. I will go on record saying that our baby girl is perhaps the very first thing relative to a banana that I have ever loved. Putting the positive shine on things, you know.
It is crazy to think that our baby already weighs 3/4 of a pound! Just three more weeks until she reaches the outer limit of viability outside the womb, and then only another 16 weeks until she's fully cooked.

I've had a lot of friends and family who live far away ask me if I look pregnant yet. The answer is: definitely yes. Depending on what I'm wearing, it might be possible to mistake me for a hefty eater who has put on some weight. Then again, I'm mostly not fitting well into non-maternity shirts these days, so the maternity wardrobe that I've been donning definitely emphasizes the little pumpkin growing within. If I'm feeling brave, I'll post a picture or two this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment