Friday, September 4, 2009

The Big News...

Baby Z is a GIRL! We are having a daughter!

The ultrasound went very, very well - everything looked great. We saw the 4 chambers of the heart, the brain, the kidneys, diaphragm, and even the lenses in her eyes. It was absolutely amazing!

Our little girl was very modest, and for a while the technician wouldn't give us a guess as to boy or girl. She had me stand up and do toe touches a couple of times to flip the baby around so that we could take a peek. It worked the first time, but then the baby flipped back over immediately. The second set of toe touches worked again, and as soon as we found out the sex, our baby flipped back over again.

The technician kept trying to get a view of the profile and the baby's lips and mouth, but our little girl kept wiggling her hands in front of her face. So sweet! She finally got the pictures she needed. I have to admit that I didn't mind all of the wiggling and rolling because that meant more time spent looking at the baby.

We are in awe and SO VERY excited! WE'RE HAVING A DAUGHTER! Pictures coming later this weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Whoo-hoo! It didn't take long for you to change your blog background ;) Congratulations on your little girl -- and from all indications, a very healthy little girl!

    I won't tell you how many times I've refreshed your blog this afternoon, waiting for this update. I'm looking foward to introducing our little one to his new friend :)

    ReplyDelete