Friday, October 23, 2009

26 weeks

Twenty six weeks today! Our little girl is busy, busy, busy. I can't imagine what it will feel like when she gets bigger. I already think that I can feel her every movement, and although she does take naps, her swirls and pokes and kicks are almost constant now.

I had a visit with the midwife today and baby's heartbeat is steady and healthy and in the 160's. Although it's still very early to tell, the midwife thinks that our baby girl is head down right now. She pointed to the left side of my belly button and said that she thinks our baby's back is right about there today. I know that she still has lots of time to move and roll over and do her thing, but I'm hoping that she finds the head-down position to be quite comfortable in the upcoming weeks.

I know I've mentioned this before, but I've been a bundle of anxiety and a whirl of activity lately. I feel like I need to Get. Things. Done! I mean, what if she comes early? What if her things aren't ready for her? I made a good dent in the work this week - I cleaned out a kitchen cabinet for her bottles, milk storage bags, pacifiers, and other baby utensils. After soaping up and scrubbing down the shelves, I air dried them and lined up bottles, nipples, bags, dishwasher baskets, and a container of pacifiers. Everything looks so pretty and orderly and ready for our baby girl and I love it. Organization makes my heart glad. I hope to move on to the nursery soon - maybe this weekend. I've only barely started making sense of the bags of diapers and clothes and boxes of assorted baby gadgets. At least everything is in her room - that's a good start.

I know it has been a long time since I've had a produce update, so I'm indulging the inquiring minds today. Month six is apparently eggplant month! The eggplant in our kitchen right now is kind of a mini eggplant, so maybe that's how big (little) she was at the beginning of the 6th month. Towards the end I imagine her being one of those big price club sized eggplants. Nice visual, huh?

Baby eggplant and I wish you a wonderful fall weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment