Sunday, April 11, 2010

11 weeks

Our little girl is 11 weeks old today!


It was a beautiful weekend here and Lila spent plenty of time outside enjoying the sunshine. It has been really nice to be able to get together with friends for walks around the lakes, and to be able to take the puppies for walks in the evenings. Lila loves being in her stroller and is getting the hang of being in her Ergo carrier.

Since Lila's vaccinations it seems that she has discovered her super pissed off voice and she is now using it quite freely to tell us when she is unhappy with the world. It's quite upsetting, but usually we can figure out pretty quickly what's bugging her and get it resolved. Still, that screamed paired with the tears are heartbreaking.

I've been having my own rough time this past week mentally preparing for my return to work in 2 weeks. Every time Lila has a meltdown, I have a meltdown. Super productive, I know. Ed has many times found us both in her nursery crying. It's awful. I can hardly stand the idea of having her scream and not being able to be there to comfort her. What if she wonders where I am and why I left her? Ugh. I have been assured many times that she will be just fine and that I will be, too. Thankfully my mom will be coming to stay with Lila the first week that I go back to work. I asked her if she'd do this very early in my pregnancy, figuring that it would provide a good transition for both me and Lila. If I call my mom to check in 15 times in one day, she might think I'm crazy, but at least it's my mom...she's obligated to love me even if I'm a little crazy, right?

We stopped in and spent some time at her new day care center on Thursday. Lila was wary at first, but the women who work there were so good to her and I know that they will love her the best that they can, even if they can't love like her mom does.

All in all, things are good. Lila is wonderful and growing and changing by the day. She is sleeping quite well, up to 8 hours in a stretch this week. She's going back and forth on whether or not she likes to be swaddled, so we play it by ear from night to night. Some nights she sleeps like a rock in her swaddle and other nights she break free from the swaddle after just a few minutes in bed. I'll come in to find her little hands completely free...and her legs, too, depending on which swaddle sack we've used. When I pick her up to feed her she gives me a super adorable sly smile that says, "see! All I wanted was to be freeeee!" It melts my heart.

Since our girl is out like a light, I'm going to sign off and relax for a bit.

Happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment