Monday, April 26, 2010

Daycare day 1

I'm so thankful to say that day 1 of day care was a success. We dropped off Lila together today and there were tears from Mom and Dad, but no tears from Lila. When we picked her up this evening they informed us that she is an "agreeable, happy baby" and she barely cried. On top of that she napped and ate without any problems. She was sound asleep when we got there but woke as soon as she heard our voices.

We spent the evening cuddling and talking and reminding Lila how much we love her. I was sad when it was time for her to go to bed because it felt like we had just gotten home - and we had, just 2.5 hours earlier. I am already looking forward to having entire days together again when the weekend rolls around.

It took a bit longer than normal to get Lila to sleep tonight, which I've heard is normal with any major change in routine. She was up 5 times last night and at least that many times the night before, so I'm hoping that she's too worn out for much up and down action tonight. Fingers crossed! I could really use the sleep.

I'm off to bed, but first a picture.

Daddy catches Lila and Mama snuggling before leaving for work and daycare today...

It seems that no matter what, we're never both looking at the camera at the same time. In this picture Lila seems to be almost rolling her eyes at me and saying, "Mom, I'll be fine! Don't worry about me. Now let's get this show on the road!"

Sleep tight, dear girl.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your first day went well! See, you are jealous of Annie's sleep, and I am jealous that you have an "agreeable, happy baby" :) Annie did eat, but our daycare lady said she slept "off and on" which to me means "not at all" :) She just kind of seemed stunned when we picked her up - sad! I hope she learns to enjoy herself there - the other kids are cute and happy at least!

    ReplyDelete