

Take a look at her outfit. See how small it is? I took that outfit to daycare to keep in her cubby in case she ever needed a change of clothes. I put it in her cubby less than a month ago. Those shorts she's wearing? Yeah, those were PANTS when I took them in. And that onesie? Yeah, that onesie was big on her. Now look at the outfit! It's SO SMALL! I came to pick her up today and she had had a diaper leak, so they changed our poor girl into this silly, tiny outfit. Needless to say, she's growing faster than the weeds in our vegetable garden.
She is happy, happy, happy lately. She loves to talk and laugh, and her favorite thing to do is watch her dogs play. She will screech and laugh and laugh some more whenever they are around. They even let her pet them and pull on their fur and their ears. Strangely, they don't seem to mind the abuse one bit. It's a good thing because it sure makes her day!
We're still slow at introducing foods to Lila. She enjoys chomping on cucumbers, but cucumbers seem to give her some explosive diapers so we slowed that train. We tried avocado last week, and it was NOT a hit. She took one bit and promptly spit up. Yuck. She somewhat enjoyed oatmeal this weekend. So far the only BIG hit has been sweet potato spears sprinkled with cinnamon. She even managed a smile while eating! Mostly, though, she was busy chomping away.

You think I'd remember to put a bib on her when I feed her. Right now we keep her bibs upstairs in her room. I think I need to move at least half of them downstairs to the kitchen or dining room. Ah well. Bathtime is always right after solid food time, so it's not too big of a deal that she gets messy while eating.
I still need to do post from our trip to Nebraska. Lila had a BLAST and charmed the pants off of everyone she met, and she met A LOT of family in the week that we were gone. I will have some time to myself over the next few days so I'll try to pull together the pictures and get that post up. Be prepared for some serious cuteness!
As I mentioned, Lila got to meet a whole bunch of family members on my side of her family. We got home and Lila was exhausted yet happy. While she loved spending time with everyone, she did have one message that she asked me to post.

Lila got to see so many of her grandparents last week, but she didn't get to see her Grandma Z. She asked that I post a special virtual hug for her Grandma Z today.
Tomorrow I leave for California for 3 days for work. I'm torn between being heartbroken over spending 3 long days and 2 nights away from my girl, and being excited about catching up with friends and colleagues and having some time to myself. I know that Lila and her daddy will be just fine while I'm away. I'm mostly worried about bedtime. Lila's not nuts about going to sleep without nursing. She takes a bottle just fine all day, but bedtime and the middle of the night, she demands to be nursed, and if that doesn't happen, scream fest ensues. I've already decided that I'm not going to call home in the evening to check in for fear that I'll hear Lila screaming. Then again, this may well be just what Lila and Daddy need to start a new bedtime routine of their own. We'll see!
I'll be sure to report back when I return.
No comments:
Post a Comment