Thursday, July 30, 2009

14 weeks!

Tomorrow (Friday) marks the start of my 14th week of pregnancy! I have always loved Fridays, but now Fridays are even more fun because Fridays mean that I can add another week to my pregnancy calendar.

I'm pleased to say that we have decided on a daycare for Baby Z. I'm shocked at how (relatively) painless the process actually was. Upon receiving a recommendation from friends, we toured the facility a few weeks ago. We loved it and can't imagine taking our baby anywhere else. It just felt right. Our friends' little boy loves going there so much that they are taking him now even though she was laid off from her job a few months ago. The care providers speak Spanish and Spanish only to the children, which is a huge bonus for us. The center is a member of the community co-op where we shop, so when our baby is ready for table food, he or she will get healthy, fresh-cooked, organic foods. We are relieved to feel confident in our decision and to have such a huge worry off our shoulders for the remainder of my pregnancy.

With that, I leave you with Baby Z's milestones for the week! This week, Baby Z...

- Is probably sucking his or her thumb. The books say "probably," but this is my offspring we're talking about here, so I can say with certainty that our baby is sucking his or her thumb and will not cease the habit until he or she starts junior high school.

- Is breathing amniotic fluid in preparation for breathing air after he or she is born. Grow, little lungs, GROW!

- Is wiggly, wiggly!

- Is producing urine, which is passed to me for excretion. No wonder I have to make so many trips to the bathroom...

- Is developing tooth sockets and hair follicles.

Is roughly the size of a LEMON! I'm not sure what I think of the lemon comparison this week. Last week was peach, and theoretically, this week Baby Z should be bigger. However, we have both a peach and a lemon in our kitchen right now, and the peach is substantially bigger than the lemon. We'll just say that last week Baby Z was a mid-sized peach and this week s/he is a big ol' lemon. How about that?

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you found a daycare place that you are both happy with! Woo Hoo! Check that off the list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thumb-sucking comment was too funny. I sucked my own thumb until I was 7. I'm sure my future baby will be doomed! :)

    ReplyDelete