Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Fun with technology

At the suggestion of a friend who just had a baby, I dragged out my exercise heart rate monitor last week to check to see if it would detect the baby's heartbeat. I got a few flickers, but the monitor never registered an actual pulse. Today I decided to check again, and I got a pulse! The little heartbeat icon flickered and picked up an actual pulse! I couldn't hold still long enough to keep the monitor in the exact tiny, perfect spot, so the reading stopped at just 58 beats per minute, and the second time at 25 bpm, but it was THERE!

Next Tuesday, we're scheduled for a nuchal translucency scan. I'm nervous, of course, but instead of being my usual worrywart self, I'm trying to focus on being excited to see our little one on the big screen again. I've even heard that once in a (rare) while, the ultrasound technician can even venture a guess as to whether the baby is a boy or a girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment