We visited our first day care center this morning and I'm happy to report that we emerged happy and sans tears on my part. No, Ed didn't cry - but he's quite a bit less prone to tears than me normally, and even more so these days.
It was a surreal experience. Of course there were children everywhere, and it was very strange to realize that OUR child might be spending their days in those very rooms in the not-too-distant future. It was also very strange to see the tiny babies and realize that pretty soon, we're going to have one! Perhaps the most bizarre part of the daycare process so far is being called "parents." Sure, the ultrasound technician calls me, "mom" and Ed, "dad," but I guess maybe I'm just warmed up to that due to all of the pregnancy reading I've been doing lately. But to fill out forms where our names go under "parents" is strange. Everything is getting very, very real very, very quickly!
This Friday is our next appointment with our midwife. I'll be 11 weeks and have been assured that we'll probably get to hear our baby's heartbeat on the Doppler. We've seen the heartbeat twice now, but we are yet to actually hear the heart beating. We have been warned that we are not guaranteed to hear the heartbeat - sometimes it can take up to 13 weeks for the Doppler to pick up the sounds, especially if the mom has a little extra belly cushion (ahem...me) or the placenta or pelvic bone is in the way. Here's hoping that we hear the heartbeat loud and strong!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment