I knew that everyone would have opinions, ideas, suggestions, and plain, old general comments about my pregnancy and our baby. I guess I just didn't realize how early it would start and how plentiful the comments would be.
First of all, I know that my hips have grown. I do not need anyone to notify me of this unfortunate fact. I don't need any reminders, either. In three days, I've had 2 comments about my hips, both from co-workers. Fantastic. I'm hereby officially un-inviting my hips and my tush from this whole pregnancy party. K? Thanks.
Today was my favorite comment, and I mean that in an honest way. A older police chief that I work with was in our office this afternoon for a meeting. There's a window to the lobby from the meeting room, and I know that he saw me walk through the lobby several times during their meeting. After the meeting was over, I heard him ask my coworker, "Is Julie pregnant?" My coworker informed him that I am just over three months pregnant. He promptly replied, "Well! Now who would go and do such a thing to such a nice girl?" I got heartfelt congratulations and well wishes after that.
I'll take the old man humor over the expanding hips comments any day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I <3 law enforcement!
ReplyDeleteHa!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I got the "wow, you are getting fat" comment when I was still wearing pre-pregnancy jeans. Granted, they were my last pair of pants that fit, but still.
It's the only time in your life you can gain weight, and still have people tell you that you have that beautiful "glow" about you, that only a woman carrying a child can have, so relax and enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteGood grief! What idiot would say such a thing!?
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to see you in 3 weeks!! I'm sure you'll be GORGEOUS and GLOWING. :)